When it’s time to plan a christening party, parents usually want every detail to be perfect. Choosing a professional venue for this gathering is an ideal way to ensure unparalleled success. With options for both indoor and outdoor festivities, it’s possible to create the desired celebration. Professional catering also ensures delectable results.
Utilize our easy checklist so that you can enjoy this special occasion instead of stressing over last minute details.
- Save the date with godparents. These spiritual guardians are often an integral part of the christening celebration. Make sure they are available before booking the date with the church or any vendors.
- Choose the venue. The optimal place for the party will be within close proximity to the church where the ceremony will be held. Choosing a venue that offers on site catering and parking is preferable for most hosts.
- Plan the guest list. Determine the number of people on the guest list to provide this information to the venue. Knowing the guest list will enable menu planning.
- Prepare and mail invitations. Most professionals agree that invitations need to go out about 4 – 6 weeks in advance. Include all pertinent information in the invitation such as time and location of the ceremony, maps to the venues, RSVP information and attire guidelines.
- Decide on a gift policy. Some parents opt to receive gifts from guests, while others prefer to opt out of this gesture. Parents who don’t want gifts should include this information in the invitation.
- Consider family traditions. Many families have important customs to incorporate into a christening ceremony or party. Whether it’s a special song or a flower that needs to be included in an arrangement, think about these details and communicate this information to the venue well in advance.
- Take pictures! The party will be over so quickly, but pictures will enable parents to remember and relive the special moments of the day. If you don’t hire a photographer, designate a member of the family to own this responsibility and give them a checklist of the types of images that you would like to capture in advance.